Cumin Roasted Cauliflower and Lentil Salad
Crispy, cumin roasted cauliflower with spinach, rocket, mint, puy lentils and a balsamic dressing. Delicious, and also happens to be a great way to get leafy greens into sceptic-salad eaters, in addition to boasting plenty of fibre and some plant-based protein.
1 large head of cauliflower
100g fresh spinach
100g fresh rocket, watercress or lambs lettuce
1 handful of fresh mint
1 tsp cumin powder
200g puy lentils (cooked) (I used the merchant gourmet ready-to-eat ones)
Extra virgin olive oil
1.Preheat the oven to 180.
2. Wash and chop the cauliflower into florets and then place the cauliflower on a large baking tray/dish with as much space as possible (if there's too much on the tray or it's too close together it won't go as crispy).
3. Generously season with salt, pepper and the cumin powder and then massage the cauliflower till it's well coated in the seasoning.
4. Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and cook for around 45 minutes, making sure you turn the cauliflower every 15 minutes.
5. While the cauliflower is cooking, add the spinach, rocket and 3/4 of pre-cooked lentils to a large salad bowl, then tear and add the fresh mint. Mix everything together.
6. Once the cauliflower is cooked (it should be lightly golden and nice and crispy on the edges), scatter it on the top of the salad mix.
7. Sprinkle the salad with the remaining lentils and then drizzle with a glug of balsamic vinegar.